Kitchen Hood Cleaning Services
Serving Commercial Kitchens in New York State
Running a commercial kitchen is demanding and time consuming. Keeping your kitchen free from the hazards of grease is one thing we can take off your plate. Required by NFPA regulation, “hood cleaning” involves the complete cleaning of your kitchen exhaust system from top to bottom. We keep your kitchen hoods grease free with regularly scheduled cleanings.
Our certified technicians service thousands of kitchens from Wegman’s, McDonalds and the University of Buffalo to Kaleida Hospitals. We operate differently from other hood cleaners. We don’t use subcontractors. Our technicians are seasoned and we use only the top, green and environmentally safe cleaners. We can supply before and after pictures to assure you we are providing the highest quality work possible. This is just another way All State Fire has set itself apart from the completion.
The benefits of kitchen exhaust hood cleaning and maintenance for restaurants and cafeterias include:
- Reduced risk of kitchen fires
- Compliance with fire and health codes requiring kitchen-exhaust cleaning
- Improved ventilation for smoke and odor removal
- Enhanced working environment for kitchen staff
- Lower insurance premiums offered by some insurance companies
- Incorporated as standard part of overall maintenance plan
All hood cleaning performed by All State is to the latest edition of NFPA 96.
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) is the governing body providing the minimum codes of standards for the kitchen exhaust cleaning industry via the NFPA 96: Standard for Ventilation Control and Fire Protection of Commercial Cooking Operations. NFPA 96 reflects industry best practices that maximize protection of operators, building occupants, and property for reducing fire risks in public and private commercial kitchens.
The 2011 NFPA 96 is the current code providing clarification on requirements for certifying technicians to ensure that equipment is maintained by qualified providers. Today more than ever exhaust hood cleaners require quality methods for maintaining grease-free exhaust systems to keep facilities protected from grease fires.
Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Frequency Requirements:
Systems serving solid fuel cooking operations
Systems serving high-volume operations such as 24-hour cooking, charbroiling or wok cooking
Systems serving moderate-volume cooking operations
Systems serving low-volume cooking operations, such as churches, day camps, seasonal businesses
Other exhaust hood products and service include:
NFPA 96 requires that all fans be on hinges. Hinges allow our crews to lift the fan and clean your ductwork without damaging the fan’s electrical wiring and without damaging the fan by placing it on the roof. We can put hinge kits on any size fan.
Access panels are necessary to clean the blades on certain fans and to expose the ductwork in many systems. Without access panels, many systems cannot be cleaned to NFPA 96 requirements. We can install all necessary access panels.
Roof Protection Systems / Grease Containment Systems
Exhaust fans blow excess grease on to the roof. Grease destroys the roof membrane and can void your warranty. We install and maintain a variety of grease containment systems to keep your roof grease free.
Hood Cleaning Scope of Work
- Clean and degrease kitchen hood(s) including the filter tracts, plenum area, grease troughs and all removable grease cups.
- Remove roof or wall mount fan from duct work and degrease the base, shroud and fan blades.
- Clean all accessible parts of the duct work from the exhaust fan to each of the hoods.
- Clean and degrease all filters.
- Apply food grade polish to all exposed areas of the hood.
- Cleanup and mop in all areas in which the work was performed.
- A complete written report will be left on site with any deficiencies or recommendations noted.
- A certificate showing the name of the company, the name of person performing the work and the date of the cleaning will be affixed to each hood cleaned.
All work performed as per the applicable NFPA Standard, manufacturer’s specifications and the “Fire Code of NYS."
Request A Quote for hood cleaning services
Are you interested in hood cleaning services from All State Fire Protection? Contact us today to learn more about our services and schedule an appointment.